Our curriculum is designed to: recognise children’s prior learning, provide first hand experiences, allow the children to build resilience and become creative, critical thinkers. Every child is recognised as a unique individual. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of key skills, knowledge, concepts and values with a vision to prepare them for life beyond primary school. We provide wide ranging enrichment opportunities to engage our learners. We believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time, where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
- Make learning irresistible through the design of an inclusive curriculum that is relevant and memorable;
- lgnite curiosity, instilling a passion for lifelong learning;
- Support and challenge in the right measure so pupils develop resilience and perseverance;
- Ensure curriculum planning is focused and precise, covering key areas of knowledge and skills within and across different subjects;
- Deliver a curriculum that leads to academic success, building skills year on year;
- Equip children with a range of strategies that provide access to learning in a variety of ways;
- Guide children in how to live a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally;
- Underpin the curriculum with our core values - the cornerstones of respectful, global citizenship.
As part of our commitment to meeting the promises we have made to our pupils, we regularly review our curriculum, looking in detail at their content, structure and impact on the quality of teaching and learning, and at the relevance of the topics through which they are taught.