Our curriculum is designed to: recognise children’s prior learning, provide first hand experiences, allow the children to build resilience and become creative, critical thinkers. Every child is recognised as a unique individual. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of key skills, knowledge, concepts and values with a vision to prepare them for life beyond primary school. We provide wide ranging enrichment opportunities to engage our learners. We believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time, where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
- Make learning irresistible through the design of an inclusive curriculum that is relevant and memorable;
- lgnite curiosity, instilling a passion for lifelong learning;
- Support and challenge in the right measure so pupils develop resilience and perseverance;
- Ensure curriculum planning is focused and precise, covering key areas of knowledge and skills within and across different subjects;
- Deliver a curriculum that leads to academic success, building skills year on year;
- Equip children with a range of strategies that provide access to learning in a variety of ways;
- Guide children in how to live a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally;
- Underpin the curriculum with our core values - the cornerstones of respectful, global citizenship.
Our Curriculum Information Evening will be held on Tuesday 17th September. (see the school diary for timings). Here you will have the opportunity to meet the team and hear about what your child will be learning during the Autumn term.As part of our commitment to meeting the promises we have made to our pupils, we recently embarked upon a review of foundation subjects, looking in detail at their structure and impact on the quality of teaching and learning, and at the relevance of the topics through which they are taught.
The vast majority of staff meetings and inset training for the coming year has been set aside to complete this significant piece of work, giving us the quality time required to decide what is working well and where there is room for improvement. Working as a team affords us the opportunity to adopt a whole school approach to redesign and restructuring and to utilise the specialisms and strengths of our teaching team. This will strengthen good outcomes, ensuring lessons are vibrant and exciting, instilling a passion for learning, not only about ourselves, but about the amazing world within which we live!
We will keep you updated as this project continues to unfold via the Newsletter.